the shake


sitting here just playin' in deep end
trying to suss out all the cardinals on the tile floor
up top I struggle with the waves
wish I was at home in this cave
'cause down here a breath would be the death of me

A homeless russian dancing at the bus stop
I spared a shekel and danced a little to a song no one knows
Sometimes while I'm so far from home
I rather spend my nights all alone
But you know I love you still, my dear

So when the morning breaks
i'll be out here dancing the shake
finally comfortably at home with this

thinking a-bout living the future
now the ground I'm sitting down on has calmed
life is longer reading your own books
but it's better knowing how you look
'cause the fashion is all drab these days

so don't be reassured
sometimes I just get adured
'cause I'm tryin' to hoe a road my own

Don't worry, even I don't think it's good

Labels: