fire of torah


looking back
on the thirty third day
I'm truly unsure that I
personally
brought out new levels of
torah yiddishkeit, or
greatness
within myself
but
while saying
a perek of tehillim
and simultaneously being jostled
by the male half of 500,000 jews
I felt a unity of purpose,
each sweaty body
trying to reach
for the next madreiga.

I know I had a better time than her
definitely a better time than him
but probably not as good of a time as them
All I hear in my head is
moshaich moshiach moshiach
ai yi yi yi yi yi yi
moshaich moshiach moshiach
ai yi yi yi yi yi yi

After shabbos dinner
with Pardes-goers
I had an argument with "J"...
does a dvar torah
have to be grounded in the mesorah
or should it stem from personal experience
I vote mesorah, but I'm quasi-yeshivish
so I'm biased (so the story goes)...
But I'm sure that I'm not alone in
wanting to hear more than
the laundry list of the week's
emotional trauma

New Blogs that I like:
The Continuing adventures of Yosele
you're only in your mid-20's once
~ Sarah's View ~