The Adventures of NafNaf

Welcome to the new/old adventures of NafNaf… I used to post as “the goywonder” which was a good name at the time… but I’m a Jew now and I’m on a different derech… Oh, wait, I already did that.

So you might be asking, “Why are you forever changing blogs?” The answer lies in my personality. Up until now I’ve been a bit of a butterfly; I flit from flower to flower pausing for only a moment, and leaving with nary a trace. And that aspect was reflected in changing my public/private diary every ten minutes. Every time I “rebooted” my life I started from scratch, in 'real-life' and in 'virtual-life'. But life has finally forced my hand; I have to be real and hoe the road that I’m on. After all, how many times can I really “start over”?

This blog will be, I hope, about my experiences here in the ‘city of gold’ and whatever comes after that. I pledge to be as interesting, funny and occasionally thought-provoking as possible while speaking as little lashon hara as I can.

Enough with the introduction…

At the moment I’m digging out of under a mountain of personal drama so instead of writing about that (honor, pledge, lashon...) I’ll dig up three quotes of the week. Make of them what you will.

“My affection for you is clear in my eyes. If it remains cloudy in yours, let it be said finally, “I have loved you all these years. Without exception you remained closest to my heart.” But for you I am not made. Your testimony of my recent greatness bears witness to how far I have come. And though I have traversed many miles, I still think like the man I was, a small scared man, a sheep. And now I am but a sheep in lion’s clothing; without the true majesty that one such as yourself truly deserves."

“These profound alterations in the self and in relationships inevitably result in the questioning of basic tenets of faith. There are people with strong and secure belief systems who can endure the ordeals of imprisonment and emerge with their faith intact or strengthened. But these are the extraordinary few.”

'You have conquered, my friends,' he said in broken accents. 'It was, to be sure, but a small thing that I asked--merely leave to blossom and expand for yet one more evening, to let myself go and hear the tumultuous applause that always seems to me--somehow--to bring out my best qualities. However, you are right, I know, and I am wrong. Hence forth I will be a very different Toad. My friends, you shall never have occasion to blush for me again. But, O dear, O dear, this is a hard world!'

Labels: ,