The confessional

I don't believe or advocate Catholicism, let me state that at the outset, but I am jealous of the confessional booth.
My jealousy stems from my own weaknesses... let me explain. Each Catholic has a tangible visible address for the confession, reception and resolution of sin. When a Catholic does something wrong, even a "minor" sin, they can go to a booth sit in the darkness and confess and audibly absolved from sin. Of course, the idea of injecting anyone into the connection between H' and every Jew is antithetical to our religion, and we have an even more powerful (if done properly) concept of teshuva... But I never hear a voice say, "it's ok NafNaf".
So if I may indulge in a little confession of my own:
I find the challenge of teshuva, at a time when H' seems so hidden, to be... challenging.

"…Every person should view himself all year as if he were half innocent and half guilty. And that is the way he should look at the world as well, as if it were half innocent and half guilty. If he would do just one sin, he would thereby tip both himself and the entire world towards the "guilty" side, and cause it great destruction. And If he would do just one "Mitzvah," he would tip both himself and the entire world towards the "innocent" side and cause for himself and for them salvation, as it says "The Righteous Person is the Foundation of the World" - because his being righteous tipped the world for good, and saved it." "Hilchot Teshuvah" (3:4)

Labels: ,