Shabbos "songs" #5

I love the way erev shabbos smells here in J-lem, a mix of chicken, bread and brisket. I volunteer at a soup kitchen every friday, so I get the "shabbos smell" early. If you aren't volunteering you should be, I've been riding the wave of appreciation that I get from the people who come to the kitchen all day. On the way back I decided to start "shabbos songs" a little early too... but this time with a couple of the "famous" street performers of J-lem. Enjoy


The other thing that I love is Massive Attack, their song "teardrop" displays a sensuality that I think is rarely done without being overtly sexual. So when Jose Gonzales produced this cover on guitar I thought it would stink, without the strong back beat of the human heart the song might have lost its emotive power. But the new version sounds great Good shabbos!

Jose Gonzales - Teardrop

Labels: , , ,