My man crush

I confess it,
I have a crush
A crush on a man,
Who, all at one time
reminds me of an Israeli politician
and an Arab terrorist

So I'm combing through the massive amounts of stories on this guy when I find this latest puff-piece on Barack.
In response to the question, "What are you listening to now? What's on your iPod?"
He said, "When I was in high school, probably my sophomore or junior year, I started getting into jazz. So I've got a lot of Coltrane, a lot of Miles Davis, a lot of Charlie Parker. I've got all the artists we've already talked about, but I've got everything from Howlin' Wolf to Yo-Yo Ma to Sheryl Crow to Jay-Z."

I've watched this presidential campaign from afar, disgusted at the fanaticism that surrounds Mr. Obama and wanting to not be one of the robots... But I'm coming out of the closet, I <3 Obama. Between his quelling my fears about protecting Israel, and the fact that he's a black leader demanding that African Americans work on themselves rather than following the traditional lines of advocacy as established by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. With his iPod revelation I've turned the corner... In fact, I am now convinced that I must turn into Barack Obama except more Jewish and less presidential. And why can't I? I too always get, "he speaks to well" (<- some hairy language there) and my father's from Africa!

Then again I probably have half the brains, I didn't go to an ivy and I'm not interested in becoming a lawyer or politician. Oh well... And I'm not sure that I'll actually vote for him on election day

Labels: , ,