Glengarry Glen Ross

Would I lie to you? Would a face like this lie to you, do I look like some sort of criminal? You come in on a hospital gurney after, after what exactly? I’m sorry you’ll have to speak louder, my hearing… Gunshot wound, oye! Anyway, you come in after barely surviving a bullet to the chest and you think I’d lie to you? At a time like this? Whaddaya take me for? Look I’ve got the perfect heart for you over here. Tell the guys to bring you over, come! Come! I’m telling you this heart is a steal! If you didn’t want it I’d take it myself… 100%! Look, I’ve got kids your age and if any of them needed a new one, I’d yank this off the lot so fast your head would spin. I see you’re looking at the left ventricle; let me tell you, I’ve never seen ventricles like on this model...

Have compassion, H’ for wretched am I, heal me Gd for terrified are my very bones.

What? Oh, that!?! Just a scratch! The woman who traded it in was a peach, a peach of a woman! She told me she got that nick when some no good… And excuse my French, “son of a bitch” left her. Just one day “Boom” out of the blue! But don’t worry, I had my guys in the back check it out, they looked around and it’s just surface damage, didn’t even touch the frame! I’m telling yah, you’ll never find a heart like this one; runs like new, well cared for. Let me show you some of the features, the right ventri…

I have worn myself out from my groaning, I soak every night my bed with my tears.

Oh, over there? What are you looking at? Oh, that? Don’t worry about it; it’s just normal wear and tear… I’m telling you my guys are good, they stripped it down and re-coated it. You don’t have to worry about the myocardium, it’s just Mesothelial pericardium damage, superficial… Nothin’ to worry about, All the hearts on this lot come with a 10 year/100,000 beat warranty; you have a problem you come back here and I’ll fix you right up. You just come in, we’ll work out the financing and we can have it put in today. You want to keep looking for a bit, talk it over? Fine, I’ll be right here if you have any questions.

Turn away from my, doers of iniquity, Gd has heard my supplication, Gd has heard my plea.

…You know you’re probably right, I’m sure the dumb shmuck had something to do with it, could you imagine having to rebuild you life after something like that? You start trusting, bonding, wearing your heart on your sleeve and BOOM, without warning, without giving her a chance he just left! But you know what, that’s how you know that this is a quality heart, some hearts couldn’t take it, but this heart is built tough. The endothelium is, if you’ll excuse the pun, bulletproof. You’re sitting there with a heart with a hole in it; I’ve seen hearts like yours, hearts gone bad, worn down by fast-food, depression, and anxiety… They can fix ‘em, but they’ll never be the same. But this heart!?! That woman bounced back on this heart, it repaired itself! They were meant to be, bashert! The shock of it! But she just picked herself off the floor with this heart. This is the heart for you. How can I get you into this heart today?

Gd takes my prayers, they will all be embarrassed and confused, they will all be embarrassed and turn away instantly.

I’m sure that schlemiel wishes he didn’t pass up on that lady; and don’t you pass up this once-in-a-lifetime heart like him. I’m telling you, with this heart you’ll go places… Great, tell your friends to push you inside and we’ll work out all the details. Have you up and running in a jiffy.

Labels: ,